Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome to my blog!



Hey, welcome to my blog! If you want to know, this is me and I'm standing in the middle. As you can see, I'm a girl and I just came back from my National Service camp, which is Kem Bakau Resort, Kerteh, Kemaman, Terengganu. Well, I'm still a student, studying Form 6 at STAR currently. If you wish to know me better you can always visit and add me if possible in my friendster and facebook account. I think that's enough about myself...


Why Matthews 28:19~20?

This bible verse meant a lot to me. It reminds me of my duty and my great commission as a christian.


"Therefore go and make diciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surel I am with you always, to the very end of the age."


These are the last words of Jesus before he returned to heaven. Many people paid attention only in verse 19, but have you ever read verse 20? We have to teach the nations to obey everything what the Lord have commanded us after we shared the gospel with them. And Jesus promised that He will be with us, not during or when we do our duty but forever.


I experienced God a lot during my ns training. There are only 11 christians and 4 catholics in the whole camp, and from that moment I realised that it's our duty to be the light and salt of the Lord, and it's our duty to share the gospel with the others. Thank God that he put us in this camp, because altough our number is small but our influences are big. We held hands and prayed every night and God answered all of our prayers, espeacially when we prayed for rain. God poured heavy rains for 5 days continuously and because of that we gained faith from our friends. They believed that our God is a God that listens to prayers. They started to ask us to pray for them, from the sesame green bean problems to the problems that we thought were impossible. And God answered all of our prayers! Some of our friends got interests in reading the bible, and we started to discuss about it. The best thing was one of them decided to go to church when he leave the camp, and he's trying his very best to love his enemy, more to the people he hated in camp... At first, he thought that the idea of loving your enemy was something insane. But as time passes, he begun to understand the concept. Although we didn't lead anyone to become a christian, but at least we planted the seed of gospels in thier heart. I believe that God will send His people, maybe us or maybe someone else to do the watering, soiling and finally it's the time for the tree to bear it's fruits.

No comments: